The Elizabeth Dole Foundation announced key leaders, issue experts and advocates as chairs for the Foundation’s seven Impact Councils, formed to pursue solutions to the most urgent challenges facing America’s military and veteran caregivers.
The national organizations that comprise the seven Councils were first convened by the Foundation during last month’s Hidden Heroes Impact Forum. During this two-day event, public, private, nonprofit, labor and faith organizations collaborated on prioritizing the most significant barriers to caregivers finding and receiving assistance, and developing solutions that will provide them both immediate and long-term relief.
The Chairs listed below will drive their respective Councils over the coming months to take action on the strategies and solutions outlined at the Impact Forum. The first report of the Coalition’s progress will come later this spring, as part of the Hidden Heroes Coalition Summit 2015: Progress and Promise to take place in Washington, D.C.
Community Support at Home
- Heather Prill Pritchard, Sr. Manager of National Partnerships and Atlanta Hometown Giving, The Home Depot Foundation
Education and Training
- Lynda Davis, Executive Vice President, TAPS
- Marjorie Morrison, CEO and Founder, Psych Armor Institute
Employment and Workforce Support
- Eric Eversole, President, Hiring Our Heroes, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Chris Giacchi, Manager of Military and Disability Recruiting, Capital One
Financial and Legal Planning
- Kenneth Goldsmith, Senior Legislative Counsel and Director of State Legislation, American Bar Association
- Justin Schmitt, Assistant Vice President for Corporate Responsibility, USAA
Interfaith Action and Ministry
- Jack Lea, Executive Director, National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces
- Dan Look, Chief Strategy Officer, National Lutheran Communities & Services
Mental and Physical Health
- Catharine Grimes, Director, Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation
- Michelle Kees, Assistant Professor and Faculty Member of Military Support Programs and Networks (M-SPAN), University of Michigan
- Jed Johnson, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, Easter Seals
- Jill Kagan, Program Director, ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center