Applications are now being accepted for the 2024 Dole Caregiver Fellowship program! Through this Fellowship, military and veteran caregivers receive dedicated support, leadership training, opportunities for professional growth, a network of 250+ former Fellows, and a well-respected platform to address the issues impacting the community. They also share their stories directly with national leaders and decision-makers within the business, entertainment, faith, and nonprofit sectors to transform the culture of care in our country.
The Foundation onboards 10-15 Fellows each year. Fellows serve two-year terms and then transition into the Foundation’s Fellowship Alumni Association.
As part of a two-year Fellowship, military and veteran caregivers will:
- Join a community of caregiver peers who understand and can relate to your unique experience
- Have the opportunity to travel to Washington, DC to attend in-person training sessions, special events, meetings with leaders on Capitol Hill, and networking. EDF covers all travel costs and accommodations
- Make a difference for caregivers in your local community and nationwide
- Advise the Foundation on programs that will provide the most positive impact on the military caregiver community
- Find your voice by sharing your experiences at meetings, events, and interviews
- Gain lifelong friendships and a family to lean on through the ups and downs on your caregiving journey
Who Can Apply? Military and veteran caregivers of ALL eras, and all 50 states and U.S. territories.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Complete the digital application here.
Step 2: Applications require a Letter of Recommendation. Send the Letter of Recommendation digital form available here (hiddenheroes.org/dole-caregiver-fellowship-recommendation) to a reference who can speak to your caregiving role and qualifications.
Step 3: Our staff will review the applications on a rolling basis. We encourage caregivers to submit their applications as soon as possible. The application deadline is December 23.
*Note: If you applied to be a Dole Caregiver Fellow in the past and were not selected, you’re welcome to apply again.
Dole Caregiver Fellows are leaders in the military and veteran caregiver space.